Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lucy and Elliott






Cousin Amy and Baby Lucy


These past two weeks were super exciting in the Reid house. We had visitors galore including my cousin Amy and her husband Ryan and our friends Alissa and Tai Ward. They came last Saturday from Chicago and we got to have Alissa and her baby girl Elliott for the whole week. Elliott was born three weeks before Lucy but as you can tell from the pictures-that’s where the similarities stop. It was so much fun to have two adorable baby girls together and it gave me a little bit of empathy for what it must be like to have twins. Alissa and I will be able to embarrass our girls when they’re older with the pictures we took of them in their matching outfits.

Lucy is changing so much! She smiles so frequently and has begun to coo much of the time. She likes to grab at the rings and animals that hang from her floor gym. She is consistently sleeping until around 4 am which feels like an eternity compared to what she has been doing so far.

Unfortunately, I will be heading back to work much sooner than we had planned. Brian found out on Friday that his position at work had been eliminated. His company laid off lots of workers that day and of course the timing is difficult with my maternity leave. I am starting back to work on Monday, February 8. I’m very sad to leave Lucy and not looking forward to going back to work so soon but I know Brian will enjoy his time at home with our sweet baby girl. Keep your fingers crossed that he finds a new job soon!
Love, Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Whew...finally caught up on your blog. The pics were great! I can't believe how much Lucy has changed already! I would call Lucy 100% Iowan...but then I remembered that she was born in Colorado...how long do you have to live here before you consider yourself a member? Tried calling you today...sorry about that! Maybe I'll call when I'm done teaching my class tonight!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

2021 in Review (the WHOLE year)

Margot twinning with her friend, Gemma Grandpa Marvin's birthday in CO Lucy's first cheer competition ever Monopoly game night At Mo...